Sunday, March 22, 2009

Change is-a comin'

Over the past several months my church has been pastorless. God has been moving and working in the life of our congregation and I know that this journey, while it could have occurred in a better way, has in the end been a blessing from God. He is faithful and He promises us that He will use all things to His glory!

Last week our church had a shot of hope penetrate it deeply when a Pastor was presented to our congregation for consideration for a call. I have been praying for a Pastor that would take our church to "the next level" so to speak, to take us from an inward focus on ourselves to an outwardly focus of discipleship and love. Over the week, I have been praying that God make His will for our church abundantly clear, that he would shine through all of the negativity and our selfishness and just be glorified today as we voted! That we would walk away today from church knowing that God's will was done and have no doubt that He is working in our church.

And I have to tell you that God showed up! And boy did he show off! One hundred and nineteen members voted today and the vote was 115 to 4 in favor of calling this Pastor to be our new Senior Pastor. So now we begin praying that God speak to this Pastor in the same way that He has spoken to us. And if it is God's will, we will have this new pastor within a month or so.

I'm excited! I'm excited about this change! I'm trusting that God is going to use us to be a light to this community, that we will have leadership that will focus on equipping us for moving forward.

On another note, I have finally after nearly three years I have been connected with the appropriate people in the district and will be going in April to meet with the Ministerial Studies Board to interview for my district license. The ball is rolling and I am in awe of what God is doing in my life! I still have no clue where he is taking me but I am strapped in for the ride and holding on tight to His grace and love! With God all things are possible!

3 comments:

Julie said...

How exciting! Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, I have enjoyed your blog. I am a McQueary as well! Come visit us at campmcqueary.blogspot.com.
Jenn McQ!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Praying He is God's man for your flock

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya