Monday, March 9, 2009

Do you ever feel...

like doors keep being shut in your face? or that things just aren't lining up how they are supposed to? It's tough! To know that you're on the right track but not see all the pieces come together and to have pieces that just seem to not fit is excruciatingly annoying. And I'm left asking the question, is it the right track at all or maybe it's the right track but the wrong locomotive? Maybe I'm too much like Thomas the Tank engine, over-eager to do the things that are best left to bigger and better engines, or maybe I'm more like Sir Handel, generally knowing-it-all and sometimes throwing my tantrums when it just doesn't go as I've planned. I see a lot of myself in Skarloey though too. Being dedicated to the track I'm on and always eager to help out when needed. And of course, there's always Stanley - the one that everyone loves.

Sir Topham Hatt, he's the man though, literally. He's not a locomotive, he's the director. He's the one that keeps everyone on track making sure that all the locomotives are right on time and really useful. While I can be like Sir Topham Hatt in many ways, in my home, with my children, at work, etc. I can't be Sir Topham Hatt for myself - that's God. It is God that keeps me on track and makes sure that I'm right on time and without Him I'm not very useful at all. And thankfully, no matter which locomotive I'm sporting today, if I'm focused on Him, I will always be on the right track. It's when I'm focused on Sir Topham Hatt (God) that I can find out exactly which locomotive I am on the track that he's set and be rest assured that I will always be right on time with him and even more important - I'll always be really useful in His train yard.

1 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, the lessons we can learn from the most "mundane" seeming things!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya