Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Birthday Number 5



Today was Nadine's 5th birthday! She began her day with going to school. She took cupcakes for all her classmates. They made her a beautiful crown that she didn't take off all day!

For lunch, Nadine accompanied me to Applebee's to meet up with an old friend, Lee. We hadn't seen each other since shortly after Rob and I got married. It was great to see her and catch up with her life. And I believe that God has brought her back into my life for a very specific reason that I am slowly catching onto. I'll explain more at a later date when I'm able to express my thoughts in a more complete way. But God is doing something big in my life right now, so pray that I will follow his lead and not try to take a short cut!

After lunch, we returned home for dinner and shortly after Nadine and I headed out for Caravans and Bible Study. Nadine was very excited to wear her birthday hat at Caravans! She felt very special. Jourdyn had a choir concert tonight. I would have been there and I really missed not being there, but I had to lead the Bible study. Rob and Rowan took her to the concert! And I heard she did very well! Next time, I hope to get more than a one day notice before a concert then I would be able to make other arrangements to get there.

I arrived home from Bible Study at about 8:40. We sang happy birthday to Nadine again with cake and candles this time! The kids all had cake and headed off to bed! And I headed to Ohio Skate to skate with Amy and Laura.

We had a phenomenal time! It was a blast! I fell on my keester once in the middle trying to backward-skate. And I ran into a wall trying to take pictures of Laura. The wall was apparently a lot closer than I thought! Don't laugh! Amy fell too a couple of times!!!

Click to play this Smilebox photobook: Roller skating
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya