Monday, May 19, 2008

Preaching and Worship

That is the title of my newest class. I am now in the third week of the course. It has been a lot easier than I imagined. I am going to count that one up to prayer and lots of it! Because I was terrified of the class several weeks ago.

This week I have to write my first sermon on either Genesis 15:1-6 or Luke 24:13-35
I am leaning towards Luke. It is the Emmaus walk story after Jesus' resurrection. I haven't chosen any themes yet because I am still researching the passages to see where I can go with them.

My professor believes in short sermons...like 20 minutes...that is the most awesome idea I have ever heard. Not because I don't like listening to the Word of God but because quite often when it's longer that's only because much more was said than needed to be. Also it makes this class easier for me!

In the next couple of weeks I have to write another sermon on any passage I'd like and I have to video tape myself giving that sermon. (That's scary!!!!)

2 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Reminds me of Jim's and my Emmaus Walks - Grace and prayer - our christian walks are grace and prayer. Praise in prayer is great. Send us a copy. Tell Jourdyn I watched her every move on youtube.. what were the songs?

char said...

Sharon...I'm sure u'll do just fine. Your a wonderful speaker!!!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya