Monday, May 18, 2009

Sometimes its as simple as shoes....

(borrowed the title from my friend Charlene's blog!)

I'm sure you've seen the TV commercials for At&t that feature Blake, Chief Shoe Giver from Toms Shoes. If not, they are a company that makes shoes and for every pair you buy they give a pair to someone in a 3rd world country. "TOMS Shoes was founded on a simple premise: For every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of shoes to a child in need. One for One. Using the purchasing power of individuals to benefit the greater good is what we're all about." Check out more info about their movement.

After seeing the first commercial I felt moved to get a pair but didn't. And then it seems at every turn Toms Shoes was there. So the other day I finally ordered a pair. I have been anxiously awaiting them and they arrived today! They are so well made and comfortable! I would encourage you to buy a pair.

The other thing that I love about this movement is that I'm not buying Nike's in order to give a kid a pair of jelly shoes. I'm buying the same product that I am giving to a child who without my buying them for them wouldn't have them. I'm not wearing something great and giving them something less. I'm giving them the same as I bought for myself!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Toms Shoes
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

char said...

Like women need any more of a reason to buy shoes. But, they do look really cute.

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Great shoes - I saw the ad. Do you order or are their stores???

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya