Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Graduation Applications

Today, I had to fill out my graduation applications for school. It is so hard to believe that this Christmas I will have my Master's in Pastoral Ministry. It's quite exciting! I will receive my degree by mail after December, but will be traveling to Idaho for commencement in May. I didn't walk for my associates or my bachelor's. So I want to walk for this, plus I will be able to visit my family out there. They have receptions and barbeques, pictures and fun stuff for all the graduates planned. I also want to take this chance to meet my professors face-to-face and my classmates.

However, education means nothing really, it gives me the tools to do the job I have prepared for, but it does not give me the experience and hands-on. So there is fear still inside of me. Fear of the unknown and more strenuous is the fear of the known. I spoke with our new pastor yesterday and he is going to help me along the way with preparing myself for eventual teaching moments with the congregation. He basically said, "We'll put you up there, and it will be sink or swim. That's where you are now, you either do it or you don't." I asked if we could have CPR training for the congregation before that sink or swim moment, because I might need someone to give me CPR after I drown. Sometimes I'm just too funny!

So I'm excited to see where God is taking me, realizing that He has only plans to prosper me and not harm me. (Jer. 29:11) I still have to remind myself daily to be patient and wait on Him. It's three weeks from today that I will receive my district license. I've been told it's quite a ceremony. I am anxious to see what happens down there in St. Mary's!

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

We are praying for you and where God is to lead. Praying west....West - wagons move out! west or bust.. We love you!!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya