Thursday, May 28, 2009

Got Blood?

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Blood Drive
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


This winter I coordinated with the Red Cross to begin doing blood drives at our church. Today was our first. I had a goal to get 25 or more donors. We had 26 people show up and we collected 18 pints of blood! AWESOME for a first ever drive!

It was a great day. The workers from the Red Cross were phenomenal! I gave blood for the first time since high school. It was nearly 15 years ago that I last gave. It was easy and quick! My blood guy asked me to give all the time because I'm a good donor. I filled the pint in about 5 minutes! It was probably a bit less actually.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job - Great cause -- Red cross makes me always think of the blood on the cross that Jesus shed.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya