Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day from Oregon, Mom! Thanks for always being there to listen to my stories! Wish I could reach out and hug you today! So just have Jim give you a squeeze.

Happy Mother's day to all my mommy readers! I appreciate your love and support!

Today, I spent my mother's day at church in the morning. After church Rob and the kids took me to Applebee's for lunch since I had about an hour before I had to leave for work. I returned home at 9:30 pm from work and put the kids in bed. Rob and the kids went to his brothers for a cookout with their mom and siblings while I was at work.

Last night at work we had an art show. There was a gentlemen selling his hand blown glass jewelry. I stopped to look at his stuff on the way in to work because on his table was a card with a pendant attached on the card was written Matthew 17:20 "Because of your little faith, Jesus told them, 'For if you had faith as small as a tiny mustard seed you could say to this mountain, Move! And it would go far away." Nothing would be impossible." Inside the glass blown pendant was a tiny mustard seed. I asked him how late he would be around and told him I'd come back because I needed to clock in. Later, as I walked by I glanced over at the cards again and kept walking. Then on my way back past him again heading to the kitchen. I stopped and picked on up again and read it again. I asked him for his business card because I don't carry cash to work. He told me to take one, I argued for a bit and finally did. I'm going to send him a check and asked him to pass the blessing on to someone else. But I was so moved by his heart to not only make jewelry with the Message on it but also to act on that. His name is Keith Marok. His work was beautiful! He has some displayed in a gallery right near my hair salon in Downtown Toledo. Next time I get my hair done I'm going to go check it out!

1 comments:

Julie said...

Very cool - hope I can check out his work sometime!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya