Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day



Up here in Ohio, our Board of Elections uses our schools as polling stations on voting days. So Jourdyn did not have school today! Instead, at our last parents meeting, I signed her and I up to stand at the polls for the school levy. This, of course, is something completely new for me. Having her in private schools for all these years, I didn't have to worry about volunteering for levy pushing. But I thought it would be a good exercise for Jourdyn to learn and participate in our wonderful representative republic that entitles us the right to vote. She had a first hand education in civic duties! And she hated it!

Well, not exactly, she just thought it was boring, and I can't blame her. But we took along her friend Brooklyn and here are some pictures from our hour at the poll.

Rowan even got in on the action. He also found a worm! Which, of course, was the highlight of the hour. He just had to show it to every person that walked in.


0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya