Monday, November 10, 2008

And the sickness goes on...

I figure I better give you all an update! Thursday night I spent at church with Robin, Doris and Sylvia making Chrismons. By the time Friday came Rowan was exhibiting the same symptoms that Nadine had had just about a week previous: extreme high fever and nasty cough. So he spent the weekend doped up on Tylenol and Motrin.

I worked on Friday night for a Clambake party. It was actually pretty fun because after the party they had some comedians come. One of them was David Goodman. He was quite hilarious. Definitely an interactive comedian, you know, picking people out of the crowd to pick on. We were all laughing our butts off.

Saturday, Rowan was still sick but active. So dad came over and we took the kids to see Madagascar 2. Rowan was so excited to go see it. When we got there he sat so nicely in his seat and then his fever spiked and he climbed up in my lap and fell asleep about half way through. Nadine loved it though. The movie was cute. Afterwards, I went to work again for the night and Rob kept the kids home. When I left for work Rowan's fever was at 104.5. We doubled dosed him on Tylenol and Motrin and it came down.

Yesterday, was Sunday, I left all the kids home with Rob and headed off to church. Amy joined me for second service. And then I came home to find Rowan with a fever of 104.5 at 12:30 in the afternoon. Needless to say, I took him to the ER. He was getting a little dehydrated and his breathing just didn't seem right. They took a chest x-ray. It's not pheumonia again. A strep culture: It's not strep throat. However, his tonsils are bright red and swollen, as well as his whole throat. So they gave him an antibiotic and sent us home. His cough is loosening up, however, he spent the evening again with an extremely high fever.

2 comments:

char said...

O I hope Rowan feels better real soon. I know what you mean about the sickness goes on... Jason might have pink eye, Cody just got over a really bad cold and Sally is not feeling well. This is why I hate winter. I'm glad to see that Amy is going to church with you. I was thinking about her today. Tell her I said HI!!!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

We have been praying and God is good to catch it again.. Jim and I enjoyed the Fiesta Guadalajara again.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya