Monday, January 21, 2008

Sanctity

sanc·ti·ty /ˈsæŋktɪti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sangk-ti-tee]
–noun, plural -ties.

1. holiness, saintliness, or godliness.
2. sacred or hallowed character: the inviolable sanctity of the temple.
3. a sacred thing.


Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

This is the definition of "sanctity". You might ask why I would be bringing that up today! Well, this week is Sanctity of Human Life week!

I'm not one to protest at a clinic or demand that my beliefs have to be yours, but I do believe in the sanctity of human life, not only as pertaining to life inside the womb but also in cases like Terry Schiavo, a few years back.

Life is such a gift from God. Having been blessed with the gift of pregnancy three times in my life, I have felt first hand new life stirring inside of me. It is the most amazing thing to know that my body, as broken and as sinful as it is, has been used as a sanctuary for 3 precious gifts from God to this world and to me.

Being pregnant changes a woman...no matter how short that pregnancy is...it changes us. We are never the same once our wombs have held a life in them. Abortion isn't a viable escape route, there is emotional, spiritual and physical scarring done to the woman and the life of the child within her is tragically taken. Women who have had abortions live lives full of regret, sorrow and hopelessness. It doesn't have to be this way! Jesus Christ forgives and heals, if He's asked to!

Another thing that always struck me as odd about abortions is that we are told that it's a choice, however most women report that the reason they have had an abortion is because they feel they had no other choice. They felt backed into a corner. There is another choice! I know many families who are desperately trying to adopt, longing for the opportunity to be great parents. Check out my favorites to the right.

In high school, I used to write poetry. I wasn't Edgar Allen Poe or Emily Dickens or anything great. But I did it and I remember loving it. I wrote this at some point in high school and I thought I would share it with you. Maybe I'll share more with you later...

Silent Screams
Their silent screams
that echo through their little bodies
never to live
never to give.
Their silent screams
the tears in their eyes
knowing that people kill to cover up
their lies.
They have no chance
to sing and dance
no chance to rejoice
because it was someone else's choice
to kill
so she can fulfill
her dreams
in exchange for those silent screams...

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Precious jewels, all in His crown.. all those who others did not want - He has in His care...

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya