Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's been a few days...

so I've decided to give you an update on everything.

1) Rowan's fingers are healing great - he's finally leaving htem alone!
2) Family pics - Rob and I didn't jump in because I'm fat and 30 and I don't want my picture taken :) No seriously we are going to have family pics taken for Easter. By then hopefully I will have lost more weight.
3) Update on Lifestyles - I have lost only 2 pounds since I have joined - this is not surprising to me. My body has always turned fat into muscle very quickly and generally when I work out I gain weight because muscle weighs more than fat. But I have lost 2 inches in the chest, 2 inches in the waist, 1 1/2 inches in the hips and 1/2 inch in one of my upper arms. Here's the weird thing and I am going to blame it on improper measurement because I have supposedly gained an inch in each thigh. However, I disagree because all of my pants that were tight are now not tight. And I can visibly see a difference in my legs. So I believe I was standing in a different position than my first weigh in. (or least that's what I'll keep telling myself.) So that all said, I only have about 35 more pounds to go!!! But I am ecstatic that I have already lost over 4 inches in a matter of about 11 workouts!!!
4) being discouraged - I praise God every day for the calling He has put on my life! Knowing that that calling isn't easy! I love it! I have been praying a lot (Jeremiah 33:3) and doing my Bible Studies. I have also received so much encouragement from my ladies that I serve. I know that God is doing something great! I just have to hang in there. (Jeremiah 29:11)

So what have I been up to in the past couple of days??? working out, driving kids to and from school, and sleeping. I have been so tired lately - which is strange because exercise is supposed to make you have more energy! Rowan hasn't been sleeping well though - I believe we have started the nightmare stage! Or something!

One more thing: I wanted to make sure I said "Hi" to Vale. I received an email from her this week and she is reading! So "Hi, I love you! And I miss you! Keep your head up! Hopefully, I will see you soon!"

Valentina (or Vale) is my long time friend - let's see my freshman year we started corresponding as pen pals so that would be 1991 (I'm old) so 16 years. (WOW! Vale can you believe it's been that long?!?!). Vale is from Slovenia (part of the old Yugoslavia) between Croatia, Italy and Austria and Hungary. Anyways, it's an absolutely beautiful country! Well, now she lives in Spain with her boyfriend, Jose! (Vale, email me a picture of the two of you so I can post it on here!)

2 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Hi. Vale good to hear your doing good! Glad the fingers on the mend.. but oh, no nightmares... hope they do not last long for him, I'll pray hedges of thorns around him. Wish we could hug the kids miss Nadines voice.. she squeeks up high son\metimes and talks so low others and Jourdyn is always a joy to talk to about school and what is is learning..

We are fine and going to celebrate John's and Dan's B-days on Sat at the Fiesta de Gualejara - Miss spelled... Ahould be fun and will send pics...

Jim has Nathan tommorrow... His hand is doing ok.

Julie said...

Very glad to hear Valentina's doing well! Looking forward to seeing some pics. Keep on working & those lbs. will come off! Hopefully we'll get to see you soon, if our car doesn't freeze up this weekend (ha-ha!) Love ya!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya