Thursday, January 10, 2008

Discouragement

I have been lately so discouraged in my calling. 90% of my time that is not spent with my family, I spend in thought, prayer, preparation, etc for Women's Ministries. And Rob would tell you that even 50% of my family time is really spent with my mind on the women I serve. I don't want anyone to misunderstand me at all - I love serving the Lord and the women that I do. It is such a privilege to do so and most of the time I am so joyful about it.

Lately, I have just been so discouraged and I can't pinpoint one exact thing that is causing it. It's a lot of things. I believe that Satan knows that God is doing something GREAT in my life and he is just trying to tear that down any way he can. There's a new song by Brandon Heath called "I'm not who I was", I'm really loving it lately - not so much for the story that it tells but for the line, "I wish you could see me now, I wish I could show you how, that I'm not who I was." I am not who I was because of what God is doing in my life. I have been really just praying and recalling the Lord and that He is the reason that I serve. I was emailed this today and it was really at a moment that I just needed to hear it:

The Lord is my Shepherd
That's Relationship!
I shall not want
That's Supply!
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.
That's Rest!
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
That's Refreshment!
He restoreth my soul
That's Healing!
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness.
That's Guidance!
For His name sake
That's Purpose!
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.
That's Testing!
I will fear no evil.
That's Protection!
For Thou art with me
That's Faithfulness!
Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me,
That's Discipline!
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
That's Hope!
Thou anointest my head with oil,
That's Consecration!
My cup runneth over.
That's Abundance!
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.
That's Blessing!
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord.
That's Security!
Forever
That's Eternity!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying the Lord gives you His encouragement (that's the best!), and you know if there's anything I can do, I'm here! Love you sis!

Anonymous said...

He is great Shepherd> Praise the Lord....

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya