Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer thoughts

I haven't written anything to deep lately. I feel that I'm slacking a bit. But hey its summer! It's not that I haven't been in deep thought or meditation this summer because I have. I started something new in my devotions. Instead of reading others devotions, I have begun taking my concordance out. I think of a topic of the day and many times that topic of the day is where I stay for many days. I look it up and read every verse associated with it prayerfully. Every time God has spoken to me. I have this summer met with God in some amazing ways. I've read about freedom, redemption, grace, love, service, etc.

There is something big going on in our conversations and a door in the deepest parts of my heart has been opened. I have found a measure of healing and grace that I had not allowed to happen for many years. I've always known it but this summer God has really driven home the fact that we are all in a process and that process has so many places that we can delay God's plans and hold back His will and workings in our lives. We CAN stop a blessing from happening in our lives, when we don't hand things over to Him completely - not just to forgive but to also redeem and work for His glory.

Verses like Exodus 6:6 and Jeremiah 31:3-4 have captivated my thoughts and really driven my heart to allow God to work His miracles in my life and the lives of others.

"I am the Lord,
and I will bring you out from under the yoke...
I will free you from being slaves...
and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm
and with mighty acts..."
~Exodus 6:6
"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
I will build you up again
and you will be rebuilt."
~Jeremiah 31:3-4
One of our General Superintedents, Jerry D. Porter said, "Our creative God constantly surprises us with new forms and strategies to accomplish the divine mission." This summer for me has been a time of surprise in Christ. He is giving me new strategies to accomplish my call! I'm excited at what is to come and to be completely honest almost as equally terrified at the response. But God is faithful and He is taking me somewhere that no one else has to understand, as long as I do, He will complete His good work in me!

2 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

God is patient with his children.

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

God is so faithful and topic studies are great.. Have mant devotion books and sometimes I read two or three a day and even though set up different always minister to the spirit

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya