Friday, August 21, 2009

Oh, she's gonna be mad....

Why is it that I can go to the store and buy new clothes for my child, only to have her throw them on the floor, instead of put them in her drawers? And why is it that I can go to the store and buy her new clothes, and yet she chooses to wear last years fashions?

These were my questions this morning as I looked into my preteens bedroom from hell. (and don't say what your thinking, Mom!) Well, I've gone through her clothes. I've put away most of her summer clothes and got rid of last year's fashions! So she has no choice but to wear the new stuff!

We are going to take her room to the next level this fall! Right now its light purple with pastels on the blankets and such. Jourdyn is huge into zebra's and yellow. So we are going to paint the walls bright yellow. I am looking for a zebra print comforter set. If I can't find one then I'm going to make her a zebra print blanket/overlay and curtains! I still need a white full-size dresser for her. Right now she's using a lingerie dresser (very tall and very skinny), which I'm sure contributes to her inability to put all of her clothes away.

Seventh grade has started officially! It's off on the right foot so far! She's been getting up and out the door on time (but its only the second day!) But she's a good girl! She'll keep that up all year! :)

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Like Andrew punching a hole in a door.... Yellow my favorite color...

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya