Sunday, August 16, 2009

Camping Weekend

This weekend our family was invited to camp with the Boy Scouts out at Maumee Bay State Park.

Friday night Rob had to work so he came out and helped us sent up camp and then left for work. I spent the evening with the kids hanging out at the site, riding bikes and having dinner with Amy and Jason.

Saturday, Rob joined us but not before going to his Uncle Louie's funeral at noon. We had several visitors, Curt came out to visit, as well as Julie and later in the evening our friends, Doug and Traci came out with their kids.

It was a great weekend overall! It was stinkin' HOT!!! But good! The kids swam, rode bikes, played cards, cornhole, and I believe used up all the water in the spickets near our site! They had fun!

The nights were cool and we definitely made use of the sleeping bags. Camping here in Ohio is nothing like camping out west. For one, we have bugs here! Out there its too cold at night for the mosquitos! Nadine has mosquito bites above her eye. She looks like someone hit her in the eye. Her knees are all bruised up from falling off her bike so much this weekend, but she loved doing it!

Rowan faired pretty well, but by this morning his belly hurt miserably! Probably all the smores last night! He wouldn't swim this weekend. He was too busy building sand castles and walls on the beach.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Camping Maumee Bay
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

On another note: Sept 26th is the Put In Bay 5k Run. Rob is running it and I have told him that I will run too! Not just that but that I would beat him as well! CRAP! Me and my big mouth!!! Well, I guess I said it to get him practicing since he really hasn't ran all summer. I was trying to motivate him. However, I said it so I guess I have to accomplish it! I've begun running at the park. I went once last week with Crystie and then I had an appointment with my foot doctor. I haven't been able to run since because of how the doctor treated my foot. But I'm going to start running again this week! Wish me luck! I don't have to win the race or anything. I just have to beat him!!!

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Great times and camping here has bugs - west nile virus..

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya