Thursday, April 2, 2009

Watching them sleep...


There has been a sense in my heart lately one that I cannot break or dislodge. I find myself watching my children sleep and praying over them. We are living in time when there are so many uncertainities, there are natural disasters, there is senseless death at the hands of children. My heart cries out to God to come quickly! Yet there is a huge piece inside of me that begs him to give us more time. I pray for my children that they would spared from the life I know is inevitably coming and that they would experience God's perfect and pure love instead of the trials and tribulations that are being handed to their generation and those to follow. I've been sparking more conversations with Jourdyn about Jesus and His love for her and the necessity for her to not just accept that but live it.
I can't help but feel that we are coming to an age in which our faith will be tested, not by God, but by the world. And I want so badly for my family to stand strong and to stand for what it right, true, and pure, for the principles and values that are laid out by Christ. What has been considered a joke and laughed off for thousands of years, the biblical prophecy of a one-world government is coming to fruition as I type and it is not a good thing. It signals the return of Christ, which I so desperately long to see and be a part of, but it also signals the end for those who have denied him, people I love dearly. And I am left torn between a broken heart for those that I love and the anticipation of my coming King!

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Have same prayers all the time for my family and friend. Know that children are sanctified by the parents and that they are secure in God's love. You are such a good mother... study hard.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya