Friday, April 10, 2009

Celebrating life....

Today is Good Friday. Nearly two thousand years ago, Jesus Christ died on a cross. Before the world even knew Christ, Isaiah prophecied of His coming and this day. "Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." (Isaiah 53:4-5) And pierced he was. Crushed for my iniquity, crushed for yours. Through his wounds and blood we are healed and have been given peace.

This evening I left the kids with Rob and headed over for communion service at church. Rev. John Heuring was speaking tonight. John came to our church about 10 years ago and heard a calling, he is now a pastor in Maine, home to Ohio for a visit with family. Listening to him was so moving. He told part of his story of how he came to be who he is today and the journey that God has taken him on since he finally said yes to Christ. Christ died on Calvary so that we might have peace and reconciliation with Him, that we might live in paradise with Him even when our earthly bodies have given way to death. And like John, I want so badly for all that I know to understand what Christ has done for them and to say "YES, I believe." Once we say yes God is sure to take us on the ride of our lives with Him holding our hands.

I was very moved tonight. And the words of Isaiah above sank deep into my heart as I took the bread and the cup and ate in remembrance of what my Savior did for me this night nearly 2000 years ago. I shed tears for what He has done in my life and for what I long for Him to accomplish in the lives of my children, my family, my friends, and those I pass on the streets! I serve an Awesome God! A God who loved me so much that He sent His one and only Son to be my Redeemer and yours!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Toledo Zoo 4/10/09
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Today, Rob and I took the kids to the Toledo Zoo for the animal egg hunt. They had scheduled times, in which they would hide eggs for specific animals and then let them find them. There went many people there today. It was quite cold. But those that were there were following their schedule to a T. The only animals we saw find eggs were the Sloth bears. We tried the reptiles and the octopus with no luck. There were just too many people. So our group (Amy and Laura and their kids all went too) decided to give up trying to watch animals find eggs and just enjoy the zoo! So we did! I love to marvel at the wonderful creation that God has blessed us with!

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

How great to see your day.. It brightens mine. We love and we serve a risen Savior with you and share your love of people and lost. Praying for His quick return.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya