Saturday, February 28, 2009

Stephanie & Mark's Wedding

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Steph & Mark's Wedding
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Today, I had the pleasure of watching one of my nieces, Stephanie, walk down the aisle and join herself to her now-husband, Mark. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and Stephanie was radiant. It's days like today that I am so proud of all the family that I acquired nearly 12 years ago when Rob and I walked down the aisle and committed ourselves to each other.

We took Nadine to the ceremony, and of course, it was a full Catholic mass w/communion so she was quickly bored with the whole thing. Jourdyn went as well, and she followed suit with her sister. We took Nadine home after the ceremony and just Rob, Jourdyn and I headed to the reception which was at Tamaron Country Club. That was a first for us being there. We had a wonderful dinner - Roast beef, chicken, mashed potatoes and corn.

One of the scripture readings today was from Proverbs 31.

Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. The heart of her husband safely trusts her; So he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil. All the days of her life. She seeks wool and flax, And willingly works with her hands. She is like the merchant ships. She brings her food from afar. She also rises while it is yet night, and provides food for her household. And a portion for her maidservants....her children rise up and call her blessed, Her husband also, and he praises her.

It is said that the woman in this passage is the ideal woman, that we shouldn't look at the entirety of the passage (which it is not all here), and think wow! I could never live up to that! However, I believe that we can't live up to but with God all things are possible, and with Him on my side working things for his glory, my children and husband can call me blessed and I can be a Proverbs 31 woman.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like it was a beautiful ceremony! Glad you had a good time!

Unknown said...

It's great to see that you enjoyed yourselves. Is there any way I could get some of those pictures from that special day? e-mail me: spunkysteph@bex.net. Thanks.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya