Friday, February 13, 2009

We're Home

Well, my week at 6th grade camp is done! I am home and I am ready to hit my bed. (ooh, it's new, forgot to tell you that Rob and I got a new mattress - after 10 years we figured it was time to retire the one that was killing Rob's back nightly)

So how was camp? It is definitely hard to verbalize. It was good overall. I had one of those bad girls. You know the ones that everyone just expects to be bad, so they're bad. About mid-way through the week her friends started asking me if she was being bad. And I said "No my girls are great." She asked me why I would say that. I said, "because i have good girls, I wasn't lying to them." So we did good. Then on Thursday night, it was time for her to get back into her "i'm a bad girl role." Well, you know me, I didn't take that crap. So I just dished it back. And didn't give her any options. It worked out because I let her know that I wasn't stupid, I knew exactly what she was doing.

Beyond that, most was normal. I was shocked and amazed at the number of 6th grade girls that were falling all over the boys. I was shocked at the disrespect that many of the kids had for authority. But hey they are pre-teens....

We return from camp with Jourdyn still hating me and still thinking she shouldn't have to do anything but what she wants to do. But hey, I at least now have a list of girls that she will not ever be hanging out with! :)

1 comments:

Julie said...

Way to go, Mom! LOL! It's amazing what you learn hanging out with the younger generation, isn't it? Pretty much that the more things change the more they stay the same....? This generation has a lot of disrespect, but at their age, were we so different? I'm on a mission, though, at least in my sphere of influence, to teach the importance of R-E-S-P-E-C-T, even if it is old-fashioned!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya