Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Track Meet (365-4-14)

Jourdyn's first track meet was today.  We had to venture over to West Toledo because the meet was at Whitmer High School.  I haven't been at the school in years.  The biggest difference check out the turf in the background! WOW! It's a great field and track. 

Jourdyn ran the 200 m today.  I unfortunately missed it because I had to head out for Bible study (since I'm the leader) and they were running behind because one of our hurdlers was injured. She was taken to the hospital.  Jourdyn tells me that she doesn't know her time or place, but she wasn't first and she wasn't last.  We are so proud of her. She's been running the park with Rob when she is home and he goes running. 

This was her running the warm-up lap.  This was the first time she was able to use her new track shoes, since her school practice track is gravel and the shoes can only be used on real tracks.  So I, of course, had to give her "the don't walk in the bleechers or the concrete with your shoes - in fact, just don't put them on until you are on that track or in the field."

The bottom picture is of Jourdyn and her friend Madeline. Madeline is such a sweetie.  She was one of my cabin girls last year for 6th grade camp.  Both of them only had one event this meet.  They are hoping to get their shot at pole vaulting very soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots! My step son used to do the pole vault, that is fun to watch!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

sTAY SAFE AND FIT JOURDYN

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya