Friday, June 18, 2010

Cherries & Snakes...

Sometime over the past week or so, I took this picture in our front yard.  Our cherries came in on our tree.  Rob, Nadine and Rowan picked several of them.  We didn't do anything with them because they weren't exactly ripe yet.  But the birds and bugs get them if we leave them.  This is one of my best memories of my grandma.  She had a beautiful cherry tree in her back yard.  We spent many summers picking cherries and making pies.  And countless weekends climbing that old tree.  I remember when it was cut down.  Grandma's backyard was never the same again. 
I captured this picture of Rowan's "wish flower" as well.

Last weekend, my kids and I went to my friend Heather's house for her son's birthday party. Jourdyn got to hold her pet snake "Ruby." She wasn't too excited about it. Really, she was just terrified, but she did it!!!
Rowan also held the snakes. Ruby was held in his lap.  This little guy was able to be on his shoulders. And boy, did he think he was cool!
This is the first project that has come from the broken pieces from the farm.  I made this for my mother-in-law.  I'm not sure what she is going to think of it.  But I hope she likes it.  The little ones helped me cleaned all the china. Nadine and Jourdyn helped to paint the frame.  Jourdyn helped place the pieces on the frame.  I still cannot find my pictures of the farm from when we lived in it.  So dad helped me get on Google Earth and find this picture, which ironically was from when we lived there.   It's not as clear as I would have liked but it's good. 

4 comments:

char said...

Really neat idea. I love beautiful way to share memories. I'm so glad to see u blogging.

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

The frame turned out lovely. Remember the good there.. like grandma's tree an cherry pies. gad you remember them.. Jourdyn -- i hate snakes too....

J said...

I love the expression on Jourdyn's face - priceless!

Julie said...

I think it turned out cool. Love the kids with the snake - too funny!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya