Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Just not how I imagine...

This morning I was awoken by a phone call from my Uncle Jeff. My grandfather, who is 93 years old, was admitted to the hospital for kidney failure. My heart sank. Something about this call was different. He's been ill and the last time I saw him it was very visible that he is deteriorating. I called my mom in Idaho and gave her the news. I called a friend from church who thankfully immediately brought their daughter to babysit my kids and I headed to the hospital. I also called my sister, who met me there.

Just us being there seemed to lift grandpa's spirit and give him a reason to shine. They aren't sure tonight if it is a blockage in his kidneys or if it is just old age causing his kidneys to fail. They've done the testing and are awaiting the results, we should know in the morning. Either way it doesn't look all that good.

Do you know if you asked me to name one person on the earth that I knew for a fact would go to be with Jesus when they died...my answer would be my grandfather! And somehow I'd convinced myself that that would somehow make this all a little easier to deal with...but in many ways it hasn't...it's more crushing than I ever imagined...

2 comments:

Julie said...

Keep me posted! THX!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

the seperation is temporary if he goes home. I remember him telling me at age 49 that he could not wait to be with His Lord and Savior. I did not understand THIS AS A CHILD BUT DO AS AN ADULT I begin to understand.. The heart is still torn and God is in control. I am looking up for Christ return as the Word promises.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya