Friday, July 24, 2009

He knows the plans He has for me...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
~ Jeremiah 29:11


I can't believe the summer is half way over. I'm still as white as ever and I feel as if it hasn't even really begun. August 31st I begin my fall semester, which is to be my last. In December, I will graduate with my Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry. With that completed I will also graduate from my denominations prescribed course of study for ordination as an elder. I will technically be a pastor looking for an assignment. The assignment is the next step in the ordination process. I need to have 3 years on staff at a church in our denomination.

One frustrating part is that I've been serving for 3 years and had my church been paying me even a minor amount that could have counted. But that wasn't the case, so now I'm waiting for an assignment. I had thought that perhaps the changes that have happened here in our home church would maybe open up some opportunity to stay here. It doesn't appear that it is going to be that way.

I've been patiently waiting. My resume is on the job board, but I haven't been pursuing a position because I truly believe that God has the position for me already in His plans. It is just really hard to not know what He has in store for our family.

I'm determined to continue to serve and I look daily for new opportunities to serve my community and Christ. It has become my prayer that God would break my heart with what breaks His and that He would use me where I am, as preparation for where He is taking me.

I believe that I have posted this song before recently but it is so fitting to my feelings that I thought to post it again.

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

God holds the future. Pray for Jackie and Scott - marriage = trust issues.... Pray God can be glorified...

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya