Monday, October 27, 2008

The rest of our weekend!

So we've talked about Friday and about Saturday's activities at the games. Saturday night we all went back to Derek & Jackie's to have a little get together. Unfortunately Nadine got sick and I spent the evening in bed with her. But I did get to see everyone arrive and say hi. Sue & Barney were there and we haven't seen them since Derek & Jackie got their new house several years ago. Chrissy & Rob came down and they brought their friends Melody and Tom (I believe). Of course, Mary and Dan stopped back by. And I guess they all had a lot of fun or at least they were very noisy because just when Nadine would get to sleep, they would begin laughing again or being loud about something. They all had a blast and Nadine just had a belly ache and wanting mommy.

On Sunday, our two families all headed out to Short Pump Town Center for the day. It was beautiful out and the kids really needed to just get out of the house, and since it rained all day Friday, it was too muddy to let them play in the yard or at the park. We pulled in next to a car that had a small child (maybe 7 years old in it) and no parents. Jackie and I waited for a while and no one came back, plus they were parked way out in the parking lot away from the mall. We decided to call mall security to come over and check on the child and to keep their eye on him. He was quite small. People are CRAZY!!!!!

I found a great store at Short Pump. However, they are only in California and Virginia. C28. It is named after Colossians 2:8 - all of their merchandise is Christian based, yet modern and relevant to teens and young adults today. I was really impressed with the store. The sales person asked my name and told the story of the store. When we left she asked if we had any prayer requests. It was very neat.

We had Red Robin for lunch. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you! I found Rowan and Nadine's costumes at Pottery Barn Kids at Short Pump. I am very excited about them. Nadine is going to be a banana and Rowan a spider. Nadine says that if we got Rowan a pig nose then he could be a spiderpig.

I cannot believe that October is nearly over! Jourdyn still has to come up with a costume. She gets to dress up on Friday. She has to pay $3.00 to do it but is a little anxious about it.

So we headed home at about 9 pm after visiting with our friend, Heather (Jackie's sister) and her new baby Tristan for about 30 minutes. Rowan just loved Tristan. He was a very good baby sitter, other than calling her him the whole time, he gave her her pacifer and her blanket and a toy. He was very concerned for her and wanted to hold her. It was extremely cute.

I drove to the Ohio line and Rob drove home from there. We arrived home at 6:30 am. I layed down for an hour then took Nadine & Jourdyn to school and Rowan and myself to MOPS. I couldn't miss it - we got to make an entire scrapbook today! It's great I'll show it to you later this week!

Visit www.moblyng.com to make your own!

2 comments:

char said...

SOooooo Cute! Love the kilts. It's about time Rowan got his own kilt.

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

glad you are home safe and had such a good time.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya