Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ghouls, Goblins and Ghosts

Well, fall has indeed arrived in Ohio. And Halloween is just around the corner. The weather here has gone from 80-90 degrees last weekend to 30 degrees this weekend. Sniffles abound in the family and excitement builds for Trick or Treating in just a couple of weeks. The kids are anxious to pick out their costumes and I'm anxious for the potato soup my mother-in-law makes us every year for our trick or treating experience.

I had wanted my children to all do a Wizard of Oz theme, however, they aren't into it. So now I have to be clever and come up with some cute costumes. I believe Rowan is going to be a golfer. If I can find him plaid pants. I have the little sweater & shoes already just need the pants and a golf set. I might let Nadine just wear Jourdyn's old tap dancing outfit and be a dancer. I think she would like that and it would save me a small fortune. We'll see though. And as for Jourdyn, she'll be whatever she decides within my rules of nothing evil, sinister or scary.

Speaking of evil, sinister and scary, Amy, Rhonda and I all headed out last night to the Haunted Hydro in Fremont, Ohio. Other than Cedar Point Halloweekends, which I haven't been to in years anyways, I haven't been to a haunted house in forever. I believe since before Jourdyn. But maybe we went one year with Chuck and Charlene, I remember us talking about going to Detroit to the big huge one up there, but we didn't go. The question is did we decide on a local house, so Char help me out with that memory.


Well, dad came over and watched the wee ones and Rob was working, so the three of us were off. I haven't been to Fremont in forever and definitely not in the dark, so we were a little lost. But we found it. Whoever came up with this idea was ingenious. The Haunted Hydro is in an old water treatment facility. The building itself is extremely creepy. And the mood lighting, the wandering zombies and the moon (that we believe they probably paid to have hanging in the sky as a prop) and just standing outside would have been too much for many. But we ventured in and came out alive. Although right at the end Amy dragged Rhonda and I into a full sprint to get away from the chainsaw guy!!!!


Here's a pic of us being scared. If you want to see all the Haunted Hydro pictures then watch the smilebox but beware it is ghouls, goblins and ghosts...so it's your choice! :)

Click to play Haunted Hydro
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot stop laughing at the picture!!! What a fun night!

char said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I haven't been able to get into that halloween spirit.

char said...

Sharon, my memory is just as bad as your I have no clue. Wait a minute...didn't we go with a group of us. I think it was something with Jim and Ginger. I don't know. I know you guys had a really great halloween party one year. I'm sure you remember that. LOL!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya