Friday, December 4, 2009

My Hero

Jourdyn has a Hero's banquet at school today. She invited me. I was up early and got ready to go experience the 7th Grade Hero Banquet. I was a little nervous. I had never been to one of these before and thought it a little fishy that Jourdyn would invite me! :)

But she loves me, whether she wants to admit it or not! And she made me cry! We were near the end so it took a very long time and we watched almost everyone else. No one hugged their admirer at all. I was going to and then I thought that could very well be social suicide if I clobber her with hugs right here on stage!

Here's what she wrote for me and read in front of the 7th grade class and all their heroes and you better bet it's being hung on my wall:


My Hero
By Jourdyn McQueary

My hero is my mom. Her name is Sharon McQueary. She doesn't work, but she does go to school online at Northwest Nazarene University. She lives with me and my family. She loves to sing and is a really great artist. She enjoys having fun and is always messing around with me and my dad. She also enjoys going on Facebook and her blog.

I invited my mom because she is an example of what a hero is to me. She always tries her best and doesn't give up. She's always there for me-even when I think I don't want her there. She is also loving and smart. She even stays home with my brother and sister all day, and that is really brave. She is very protective of my family too. I can't imagine life without her.

One thing we did together is go to a conference called Revolve. It was a conference for girls in middle school and high school. We had a whole weekend down in Columbus. We went with a big group of people from our church. We had lots of fun. We even got an autograph from Krystal Meyers, a famous singer. Afterwards we all went to the Cheesecake Factory-I think that was my mom's favorite part. This experience was really important to me because I got to spend time with my mom. It was really great.

Thank you for being my hero and my mom. I'm thankful for you always being there and caring about me. I love having you as my mom. We may fight sometimes but we get along more than we fight and that is the important thing. You're really great. Thank you so much.

4 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Being a mom has many rewards. Great that this one is given out loud... I love you and you are at the near top of my hero list...

Jesus Christ
Jim MacFarlane
My dad and Mom
My Kids in no particular order on any given day.... love ya

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

third time a charm - errors

Great to have a reward in public and personal

You are on my hero list near the top

Jesus Christ
Jim MAcFArlane
My mom and dad
My kids in no particular order on any day and my grandkids are near perfect.

Traci said...

I do not know how you kept yourself from hugging her. I have to admit that tears came to my eyes as I read it. I think I would have been blubbering on stage in front of everyone. You are a strong woman!

char said...

Congrats! This is one of the beautiful reasons we become madras. My favorite part of this poem is..."I can't imagine my life without her." That says it all!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya