Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Concerts

Last night was Jourdyn's Christmas Band and Choir Concert for school. I was so excited! At the beginning, some 8th graders sang pre-concert solos, like O Holy Night, Do you hear what I hear?. It was so neat to be sitting in a public school and have the kids singing about Jesus' birth. Way back when Jourdyn was in kindergarten in a different district, they wouldn't even call it a Christmas program, it was a holiday program, in which no "holiday" songs were sang.

Jourdyn sang in a trio with her friends, Brookelynn and Mackenzie. This was a surprise for me. She hadn't told me anything about it. They sang, "When Christmas Comes to Town" from the movie The Polar Express.

Our arts department does such a fantastic job! I'm really hoping that Jourdyn clings to this gift that she has been given!

The Bands performed last and sadly Jourdyn was sitting in the back with the other sax's so you can't see her. I got a couple shots of her like "Mr. Wilson" from Home Improvement, peeking over her music stand. Again, they played songs like Hark the Herald Angels sing, God rest ye Merry Gentlemen and the sorts! It was a great night!

I will have video shortly! :)

2 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

love you missing all the Christmas there but baking here

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

polar express - one of my favorite Christmas movies - really good job Jourdyn

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya