Sunday, September 20, 2009

November Trip

In November I am flying down to Virginia to preach at my friends church. Lonnie is actually one of my classmates. The last time we went to see Derek & Jackie, we made the trip to his church and visited for the day with his family. They invited me to come back for pulpit supply this fall! So I've purchased my plane ticket and soon I will begin writing my sermon. I haven't completely felt a sense yet of what God would like to say through me. I'm planning on calling Lonnie and getting a feel for where he has been and what direction they've been headed.

I also will have the opportunity to join them for a district leadership event down there called Team Day. They have guest speakers and worship the weekend that I will be there.

It's all quite exciting! I'm not as scared as I thought I was going to be about it! Which is awesome! This will be a defining moment for me...

2 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

praying for spiritual direction for sermon and where you are to serve

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

nothing to be scared about. god said in the bible 365 times fear not he is serious about that jim

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya