Friday, September 18, 2009

Not much happening

I say that like I haven't been busy! I have been busy! Rob and I are both off this weekend so we are hoping to do something fun with the kids and get you all some fresh, new pictures!

So we will start with a run-down:

Nadine will be beginning Daisy Girl Scouts this year. I am going to be her Troop leader! She is very excited that she gets to sell cookies. My question is how is that she realizes that cookies are in her future. When we started talking about being a Girl Scout, her eyes lit up and she was like "I get to sell cookies!!!!!"

She is doing fantastic in school. She hates homework! Which is fantastic since she only has 13 more years to do it! But she does love school. She is having a hard time eating all her lunch in the alloted time because she is too busy talking to her friends. And her bus ride is quite long coming home.

Caravans have started back up at church for the school year and she is loving that!

Rowan is adjusting to home life without the girls. He has told me that he misses Deany and he's always anxious for her to come home. He's been having play dates with other friends though, while I've gone to meetings or over to help grandpa and grandma. Our new pastor has a boy his age and our friends Renee and Ryan have three boys, so he is finally getting to play with boys!

Jourdyn is getting off on the right foot for school. Mid terms come home today, so we'll see! We've been going round and round about her piano. She hates it. But 6 months ago she hated the saxophone and now loves it again. So we have had long hard discussions about the fact that as parents its our job to nurture the gifts that God has given her. Her only option is to get through all the levels and then she can quit. It will take her at least two more years to do that, but if she had been applying and practicing all along she would be even closer. So this week she has practiced everyday for 30 minutes. She is so good at it. She is definitely gifted. I believe she is just bored. After this level, she moves onto chord playing, which I think will open her heart again to it.

She is 12. So she is going through those emotional changes. Hate something one day, love it the next. But we'll make it through!

Rob has been working and I have been doing all that I do. My class is fantastic this time. It's History of Christianity I - The Early Church to Medieval times. The best part of the class - we have a woman teacher! First one in all the classes, except for our intro class at the beginning. I am so thankful that this is the case right now because I have been at a point that I need to know that another woman has been where I am and understands!

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

thanks for upsdate - we had round up at church yeaterday and I cut drew and painted a mountain for family bible hour competetion the next five weeks to increase attendance. Jim to docters for check up on general stuff.. i am going up mountain to wait for repair man on washer at John and Barbs. Jim K on way home yesterday. Going to look at resume and restructure to Marketing and see if anything turns up

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya