Sunday, September 27, 2009

My first 5K

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: PIB 5k
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Yesterday, Julie came over to watch the kids while Rob and I made our way to Put-in-Bay for the Put-in-Bay 5K run. We had to leave the house at 6 am to catch the 7:30 ferry to the bay. Its great on the island at 8 am. No one is around and it is very peaceful! 542 people participated in the 5K. Unfortunately, I was towards the end of those 542. I finished the run in 41 minutes. Partly because I am out of shape and partly because I have been sick. I couldn't breathe but more importantly I couldn't stop coughing. There was probably a two minute portion that I just stopped and coughed. It was fun and I am going to continue to run them.

We didn't stay late but we stayed at the Island until the 5 o'clock ferry took us back. We run with Jeff and Darlene, so we hung out with them for the day. We hit some of the local establishments to people watch and laugh at the craziness. It is amazing the reasons people come up with to party! Put-in-Bay celebrated this weekend the half-way point to st. Patty's day. They even had a parade! It was funny! A great money-making ploy as well!

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Wish we could have been there to encourage you on..

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya