Monday, June 8, 2009

Where does time go...

It seems like it wasn't that long ago that I was holding my first nephew, Shane Brodie, who we've called Brodie forever and now goes by Shane, in my arms. However, time has passed and that young baby boy has become a man and has graduated from high school.

This Sunday, Rob and I hosted Bro's graduation party here at the house for the family. Some of our favorite family members came out to celebrate with him and those out of state were here in spirit. I hope that Brodie saw the amount the amount of love for him that filled our home. We spent the afternoon, playing cornhole, listening to music, shooting each other with squirt guns, talking and laughing. Oh, can't forget the food and sweets! Time was spent together strengthening our relationships. It was a blast and I didn't take one picture. Weird! I know.

So my words of advice for Brodie: Remember that where you go from here is a series of choices and with God all things are possible! There are no boundaries to His love for you. He has a plan and a purpose for your life - choose daily to follow it. This is just the beginning! Remember that God alone is who can make you forever strong!

There is a good reason they call these ceremonies "commencement exercises." Graduation is not the end; it's the beginning. ~Orrin Hatch

3 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks again, Sharon, and I'll make sure he reads this!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

No pics.. oh spirit's eye we see you all...

Traci said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I just wanted to say I have a couple cousins that have changed what they want to be called. One cousin was called Buddy for years and now wants to go by Chris. We all still call him Buddy. Some habits are hard to change. :)

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya