Thursday, June 11, 2009

District Assembly

There were several neat things about the District Assembly Ordination service last night.
1) It was the 50th Northwestern Ohio District Assembly of the Church of the Nazarene.
2) I received my first district minister's license from our District Superitendent, Geoff Kunselman, and,
3) our new lead pastor, Brandon Williams was one of the ordinands.

Our General Superitendent, Paul Cunningham gave the message on passages from Philippians 3 and 4. It was a great sermon. He challenged us to truly believe with great faith that with God everything is possible. When in our ministries all odds seem stacked against us to remember that with God everything is possible. He also spoke about having a great attitude, like that found in Phil. 3. Attitude being a choice, joyfulness being a choice in spite of our circumstances, we have a choice to be glad in the Lord.

Several people took pictures of the ceremony for me, but I don't have any. They are supposed to be sending me some and when they do I will post them. But I did get video of Brandon's ordination. His wife, Bethany was there kneeling beside him because the Church of the Nazarene considers pastor's spouses to be partners in ministry, for support and encouragement. Behind them you will see all the area ordained ministers who were able to attend. They gather around new ordinands to support and pray with them

The other cool thing is that all three of us, who received our district ministers license were women!!! The three ordinands were men. So it was a nice evening of balance! After the ceremonies were completed, they had a reception with cake and punch.

It was a great evening. And of course, I would be lying if I didn't say that I cried!

2 comments:

char said...

That was neat! It reminded me of a wedding.

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Can not hear but thanks for sharing your special time..

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya