Thursday, January 13, 2011

Flawed, but available

"That God still chooses to use flawed human beings like me 
is both astonishing and encouraging. 
And if He can use me, He CAN use you." 
~ R. Stearns 

I hate making lists of my strengths and weaknesses because if I was really honest with myself, I'd have to admit that my weaknesses far outweigh my strengths and I am just a flawed, imperfect person.  But aren't we all? Don't we all feel that way? And if we do, why do we beat ourselves up for it?

There is one time that I have found that we like to admit our weakness immediately. That time is when it comes to serving or to the possibility of changing our world, or even just the life of one person.  It's in these moments that our weaknesses come right to the front.

Often we think we have to have it all together to be able to do, well, really anything, but especially change our world.  You know, only perfect people, people who are the strongest, the prettiest, the coolest, actually get to make a difference in our community.  That is SO wrong! God is willing to use each and everyone of us.  And the reality is, that a person with a willing heart is more available than any of the flawless with closed hearts.  God is just asking for us to be willing! To be willing to be open to the will of God in our lives. To be willing to follow him wherever he goes.

We are flawed, but we must be available! God's only concern with our weaknesses is that we turn them over to him.  That we give him lordship of our flaws, as well as the good things! And when it comes to changing the world our weaknesses, our flaws don't really matter. What matters is that we have a heart that is willing to love and serve!

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 
That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, 
in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. 
For when I am weak, then I am strong."  

~ 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya