Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Upcoming Trip

Next weekend, I am flying out to Washington, DC to go preach at a friend's church on Nov. 15th. This will be my first preaching experience and I don't know how to describe it. I feel confident in what the Lord has given me to say and I actually feel pretty confident in being able to get through it. I just completed the sermon this evening. Until this point, I had not been really nervous. Now I feel an anxiousness, I think that is because I have sent it to that pastor and to my pastor to read over.

I also, as I read it to get an idea on how long it would take me to deliver it, had this sense of speaking is definitely part of what I am supposed to be doing. Like a confirmation of that. Let's hope that after delivering it to a congregation I feel the same! :)

Rob will be home with the kids for the weekend that weekend! It's just me flying out. I also get to do a Women's Luncheon. I have to prepare a message for that as well. And then we are going to their district leadership day together on Saturday, which will be great for networking possibilities!

It's all very exciting!!!

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

praying all goes well - what;s the passage

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya