Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Weekend

This past Thursday I flew out to Washington, DC. My final destination was Culpeper, VA. My friend, and classmate, Lonnie pastors a church there. He invited me this past spring to come and preach this fall. So that was my goal this weekend to get up and preach without puking!

Thursday night, Lonnie picked me up at the airport. We met his wife, Jan at Ruby Tuesday's and had a wonderful dinner together. I have built a relationship with Lonnie through our classes and with Jan through facebook. It is amazing how well that relationship can transfer to real life. I felt like I've known them for forever!

I stayed the weekend with Stephanie, their Women's Ministries director. She has a wonderful family. Joe, her husband, who used to be a horse jockey, and has a cool corvette! He's a funny guy! They have a son, Prescott who is 8 years old. He had lots to share with me, including Star Wars facts, video games and just boy stuff!!! Their daughter, Savannah is 5 years old. We played together as well. Just a great family all around! I was so blessed to be able to stay with them.

Friday, Stephanie had planned an afternoon lunch, at which I would share my story with her ladies. That was a small, but great event! Very loving people! I felt as if I was part of the family.

Saturday, we spent the day at Team Day 2 - their district leadership event. The Keynote speaker was Leonard Sweet. He was fantastic! I also got to meet many great women pastors and share with them life and trials and victories! I am so thankful that we planned my trip down around this event! It was awesome!!!

Sunday was the day! I surprising slept well. Because Lonnie had suggested that Stephanie sit down and watch a movie on Saturday night before bed. We rented The Proposal. Very funny movie! But it worked!!! In fact, instead of dreaming about how it would go in the morning, I dreamed about the movie!

I was nervous, but well prayed up! So I can't explain how I did. I don't remember. I was so focused on not messing up that I didn't monitor myself and keep track of it all. They recorded it and it is posted on the internet now if you would like to listen.

http://www.hopecwc.org/sermonplayer.html

Overall, the weekend was fabulous. I couldn't have asked God for a better "first time." I also can't imagine how God at all had time to bless anyone down there, he was too busy blessing me!!!

1 comments:

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

listening to pieces at time will finish sat -love ya

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya