Thursday, February 7, 2008

Waiting for Spring

Well, the weather here has pulled some more craziness! We had snow over the weekend then 50 degrees and rain. Yesterday, it went from rain to snow in a matter of minutes. It has just been weird and I'm ready for spring. Spring is always fun because it means birthday time around the McQueary house. All three of our children are March babies. (7, 11 and 23) So this year we have an Easter birthday! YEAH!!! And Jourdyn is very excited to share her birthday with our celebration Jesus' resurrection! I believe we are going to have her share in communion at church Easter Sunday. I want her to really remember that this year was a special birthday.

We haven't planned any parties. It's funny because Rob and I were discussing what to do for them. And he said well let's just have a family party at the house for them all. And I said, who are we going to invite, Julie, Bro and your mom. So I don't know what we are going to do. Probably not much. Jourdyn will most likely have a sleep over. Maybe we could take her and some friends to Holiday Inn overnight or something. We'll see. Spring break does follow her birthday.

The kids and I were going to go to Idaho for Spring break, however, with the car situation, we can't. We are looking for a new second car right now. Something cheap and reliable. Pray that the right car comes along and everything works right for us.

About School: My current class is History of Christianity II: Reformation to Present Day. It is quite interesting so far. I am learning an infathomable amount of information about Christian History. Pray for me on that too! It's very hard to have the kids around and try to read as much as I need to read! That's the one thing about history is having to read a whole lot! I really think they should make my class books books-on-tape! :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Of course, we're praying for you, even that you can glean the real history from what you're being taught, and sift the truth from lies. That's an area that we all can use a little heavenly assistance in, anymore. It's like the song says, "Wicked tongues can speak, and rewrite history, but you can't keep the truth contained..." Man, how I hate our wicked tongues! But, I'm learning more and more every day to just trust God, because He's in control, no matter how it looks or what our circumstances are sometimes. I'm anxious for spring to arrive too, this back and forth stuff that's got everyone sick has got to go! Love you!

Sharon said...

well, I've learned a lot about the Reformation that I had never been taught. But the interesting view is what I am seeing about the Enlightenment. Like the fact, that most of what we read about the Enlightenment was written by those who considered themselves "enlightened" and can't be assumed to be typical of the whole time period - in fact it was probably not representative at all of what was actually happening in those days.

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

It is perspective.. mine is different from yours. Must read many perspectives to get a picture of what has happened... But God gabe us Turth in His Word and the Holy Spirit to guide through to the Truth. Spring - resurrection a great and mighty God -- Read - Applause of Heaven - Max Lucado

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya