Monday, February 18, 2008

Rollerskating

Well, it's President's day so that means NO SCHOOL! Jourdyn's school's parents club has a Skating Party today. So we all went and had some fun!!!! I love to rollerskate, however, learned that it is really hard to go with an almost 2 and 4 year old. They had a ball though. The rink has little skates that they could wear. The wheels are tightened so they just barely roll. They all fell a couple of times.

I had an idea while I was there. The skates slowed Rowan and Nadine down tremendously, maybe I should buy them some to keep them in around the house. It's either that or buy me some so I can keep up with them. What do you think???

Jourdyn has since a she was a wee one been called Roo. So now she is my little roller roo!
Other BIG news!! She had a quiz meet yesterday and she got a GOLD ALL STAR!!! Which means a perfect score!!!! WooHoo!!!! I was so proud!! I'm sorry I missed it though. Rob was working and you're not allowed to take the little ones to the meets. So she road with one of the coaches.

Still working on pics of the "new-to-Rob" vehicle! I'll get them tomorrow. One thing i think is really good about this car is that it has already got him out there and working on it. (The heater blower was out - so he had to replace it) This is good because working on cars is something he had done with Jack (his dad) and really hasn't done at all since Jack passed. I think it really gives him a sense of peace, as weird as that seems. He's excited about fixing up the car. The next project: a new fender.



Click to play Rollerskating
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox

Make a postcard - it's easy!

Also wanted to say that I realized that it is almost the end of February and I have only posted 7 times. School has been so hard. There is a lot of reading this class! I haven't even had time to work out in the past week. I am going tomorrow though. And I also had two more revelations this week: Jourdyn is going to be in 6th grade, which means Middle School and it's a Leap year!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for sharing the great pics - only complaint about SmileBox is that you can't save them off there. Glad Rob's got the vehicle to work on, and that the kids enjoyed themselves yesterday. Hang in there with school, it will be worth it. Love you and talk to you soon!

James and Sue MacFarlane said...

Wish we could share these experiences first hand, but this is great and we are blessed.. Maybe Jourdyn should be a speed skater.. Her pose looks like that is what she is trying to do in some pic.. Nadine how many times did you fall? Rowan , did daddy skate too?

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya