Monday, July 26, 2010

Sunday Worship

This Sunday it was my turn to preach! I delivered a sermon on Acts 14:1-7. It was part of our Empowered Series. We are going through the book of Acts this summer! It's been quite cool to see how the Holy Spirit empowered Peter and Paul, as well as the disciples to share the gospel to the ends of the earth!

My grandparents always come to see me preach! Grandpa usually calls me "Babe!" And then corrects himself saying "Uh-oh! Am I allowed to call a pastor 'babe'?" I tell him he can call me whatever he wants! He's 94!

Well a visit with grandpa always means a trip to Bob Evans. So after service, mom, Jim, Julie, my family, Uncle Jeff, grandpa and grandma and my friend Amanda, all headed to Bob's for lunch!

Chuck and his friend, John on Rt. 2
When we arrived home, Charlene called and asked me to come over to the gas station at the corner to see what her hubby was doing! They met Pastor Ron yesterday morning.  Pastor Ron is walking from Fort Wayne, IN to Boston to beginning an inner-city missional work there.  While walking he is carrying a cross! Chuck went and carried the cross for him for several miles.
 
We finished off our evening worshipping and witnessing 60+ baptisms at Cedar Creek Church Toledo Campus.  I've uploaded a short video of a song that I am really loving these days - Our God.

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and by Garcya